[GNC] Best way to track monthly balances of Expense-Income ?

Long Phamhoanglongvn at outlook.com
Thu Feb 27 16:16:14 EST 2020

Hello,
I've found 2 options to keep tracking balances of your "expense - income"
monthly. I write here because i think someone will need it and want to hear
more idea from anyone have a good option than this or tell me the limit -
cons of my options.

Example :
01/2020 : i spent 100$ and earn 200$
02/2020 : i spent 100$ and earn 200$
So, Your Tab Accounts will show you
Assets   : 200$
expense: 200$
income : 400$
It's maybe not good to keep tracking for personal. Because, their behavior
are they want to know, what they "spent and earned" in this month in the TAB
ACCOUNTS...

* 1 :  1.png <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t378901/1.png>
- on the TAB ACCOUNTS, upper right of header, Click the arrow, and it will
show you many options, then choose "TOTAL (PERIOD)".
- Edit GnuCash Preferences, Accounting Period Tab, set it start and end "of
this month"
=> now, you will see the balances for each accounts like GnuCash does, But 1
tab for Total of this Month, and the other is Total of ALL transactions of
that Account.
=> Every Time you're using Report features. if you want "Yearly", you need
to change the Period to Year.

* 2 : Use "Close Book" feature of GnuCash everytime you want.
It will reset the balances of Expense-Income to zero, of course, your Total
of "Assets" will not be affect (That mean it show you your assets Balances
at that time).

Thank you for take your time to help me and other GnuCash's users to have
the better way to practice with GnuCash.

Regards.