[GNC] How to use GnuCash Budget for Personal ?

Long Phamhoanglongvn at outlook.com
Sat Feb 29 11:53:27 EST 2020

Hello,

My old thread :
"http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GNC-How-to-managing-budget-in-gnucash-td4716321.html"
.
My old thread talking about how to Make 50/30/20 Budget plan working with
Gnucash.

Like David Cousens said : we can create 2 Accounts named "Needs" and "Wants"
in Expense, with 5000 for Needs, 3000 for wants, 2000 for Savings.
Now, My accounts tree  like this :
 Expense :
   - Needs :
         - Subs-Account
   - Wants :
         - Subs-Account
And It creates more problems than i think, or i am misunderstanding what is
budget !

1 - If i planned that i budget my money to travel, so when i spending my
money, i will overspending.
Because, My saved money to travel are bigger than My Expense Budget Plan (or
My Needs/Wants Budgets are spent).

2 - If i have saved money to spend when i'm sick, or my car is damaged
...etc => Overspending.

3 - Each 50 Days, i need to spend about 60$, So now, So, How i plan for my
Budget ? Average each month ? or specific at time i spending ?
- If Average for Budget, it will be easy to Budgeting (Don't have to much
things to do), But when i spending, i overspending.

i'm not Accounting, so i really hope someone will help me. Thank you.

Regards.