[GNC] Using GTK3 Themes with Gnucash 3.X on MacOS

farleykj farleykj at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 11:02:55 EST 2020

I've seen discussions that imply I should be able to apply a GTK3 theme to
Gnucash, but despite my best efforts, am unable to do so. Is this possible?

My Setup
MacOS 10.12 (Sierra), Gnucash 3.8

I've gone through the Wiki about this stuff, but nothing I try works. If
anyone has got this to work, I'd be interested in specifics as to where,
exactly, I should put the pertinent files. Seems like for MacOS there are a
whole lot of dual specifications of directories. Apparently one is if you
want to set the "look" for all GTK3 applications, and one is for Gnucash
only, but putting everything in both still does nothing for me.

So, to be more specific, where do I put the following:
settings.ini
themes directory (with subdirectories of the themes)

If it's not possible to use themes as such, does anyone have a "gtk.css"
file that they use to do more extensive customization to the interface than
what is in the simple examples given in the wiki?

-----
Ken Farley