[GNC] Gnucash keeps crashing with Online Banking Setup Wizard

Alan alangnuc at bigtowers.net
Thu Jan 2 00:22:41 EST 2020

Greg,

I'm still working out the setup bugs here. My Chase transactions ended up in the
wrong account. But while most of them went into gnucash, some odd transactions
appeared to be dupes, which should have been caught in the OXF import process.

I'm trying to get Fiddler or Wireshark to snoop the AqBanking login process, but
getting nowhere. AqBanking is bypassing my proxy, and a lot of people have been
posting all over the web about Wireshark decrypting SSL sessions, and it's all
useless nonsense.

BTW, last time Quicken had a major server failure that disabled Chase direct
downloads for a few weeks, I snooped a typical session and found something
interesting. Each session file contained ALL transactions for ALL Chase
accounts. They depend on the clients to detect and ignore dupe transaction
records.