[GNC] Gnucash Reports - Comparative Income Statement

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Jan 6 22:02:52 EST 2020

I can confirm that on 3.8, you can use the proper dates. I ran a test for those 2 years prior to my last comment and it worked as expected.

As for YTD, you’d have to run 2 separate reports and then move to a spreadsheet.

There is a comparison transaction report floating around the list from a couple of years ago. It could compare any 2 or more periods of any definition (that I recall) for any set of accounts. I played with it when budgeting, but haven’t used it in some time. I think the code needs to be updated for 3.x. (some date function call issues if I remember)

I’ll try to dig it up and test it out again.

Finally, if you have a budget set up (it doesn’t have to be populated with budgeted amounts) then you can try the Budget Report as it has YTD facilities, but you’d still have to run the two periods separately and move to spreadsheet to see them together.

The traditional multi-column report might be of some utility but it has the drawback of really being two entirely separate reports in each ‘column’ complete with their own row headers so there is a lot of duplication of info and can look a bit messy. I’ve used it in the past before going to spreadsheet and then deleting the duplicate column of row headers for sanity while reading it.

Regards,
Adrien