[GNC] Anyone noticing an issue with list messages 'un-threading'?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Jan 8 01:20:50 EST 2020

To be clear, I’m not trying to single anyone out but at least in the ‘Chaning’ thread, one other user’s replies that un-threaded for me, twice now, were from Tim Kallmer.

Tim, If you’re reading this, please, if you don’t mind, chime in with your client/workflow. Are you also by chance replying via an Android device?

If so, that would make a 3-for-3 (Derek, David, Tim) and I’d say a good case for narrowing the issue down.

Even with that resolved, the mystery still lies as to why mailman still partially threads the replies correctly but regular mail clients do not, and then why this is suddenly noticeable. Perhaps a late December Android update is the cause? As for the mailman issue, if that software properly threads the replies, I can’t see why them being re-routed to users would be un-threaded. I still think something in mailman is not working right on that count as the messages are coming from mailman - not from the individual users.

Regards,
Adrien