[GNC] Gnucash Reports - Comparative Income Statement

Bill Dika billdika at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 00:13:29 EST 2020

Christopher Lam:

I think this has been fixed in 3.8

Not possible with this report I'm afraid.

Thanks for the clarifications.

Adrienne Monteleone:

There is a comparison transaction report floating around the list from a
> couple of years ago.

I think I have seen and tried it but could not get it to work. I am not a
programmer, so am unable to fix it.

> I’ll try to dig it up and test it out again.

I'd appreciate knowing if you make any progress on it.

Budget Report as it has YTD facilities, but you’d still have to run the two
> periods separately and move to spreadsheet to see them together.

The traditional multi-column report might be of some utility

Good ideas, but going to a spreadsheet is not an option. I am doing monthly
financial statements for 5 entities and need a quick ad hoc comparison of
how each entity is doing from month to month and YTD this year compared to
YTD last year and full year this year compared to full year last year.
Choosing comparison start and end dates for this year and last year for the
report would be ideal and give me the flexibility that I am looking for.

Michael D Novack:

> run the report ten times (once for each year) and export/print.

This is way too time consuming.

Thanks to all.

Bill Dika CPA,CA Retired