[GNC] how to delete a new file

david whiting dw at davidwhiting.me.uk
Thu Jan 9 05:15:55 EST 2020

Hi Harvey,

When you say " When i get to the point of entering transactions, there is
no space for "balance" at the end of the entry line" does this mean that
the register is not showing all the columns? If so, you might just need to
resize the columns you can see by double-clicking on the dividing lines
between the columns (at the top of the columns in the header), especially
at the end of the description column.

David

On Thu, 9 Jan 2020 at 07:44, Harvey Moxness <hdmoxnes at telus.net> wrote:

> I hope someone can help   I am new to gnu/cash and trying to set up a
> simple bookkeeping file, as a chequebook.  When i get to the point of
> entering transactions, there is no space for "balance" at the end of the
> entry line.  So I must have started the set-up procedure wrong, as the
> tutorial pictures show a balance at the end of each transaction.  I
> would like to delete the whole project that I have started, and start
> again, but I don't see how to do that.  I have used Quicken for years,
> but Microsoft is dumping its Windows 7, which is the only version I was
> able to use the Cash Manager 2015 on.  Thank you.   Harvey Moxness

David Whiting