[GNC] Difficulty in migrating Gnucash to second computer

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Jan 11 05:58:38 EST 2020

Op zondag 5 januari 2020 23:17:42 CET schreef Stan Brown:
> On 2020-01-05 08:33, boldstripe wrote:
> > You can show the 'file path' of a Gnucash file, that is the location on
> > your hard drive directory structure, if it is one of the 'recently
> > opened' ones listed under the main File menu. First, in View menu, make
> > sure you have selected to show the Status Bar (this bar appears right at
> > the bottom, below the active window). Then, as you move through the
> > different files with the mouse cursor, the full file path is displayed in
> > the Status Bar.
>
> I'm guessing that was added in 3.x.  I have 2.6.19, under Windows 7, and
> as I mouse over the files in the recent file list the status bar remains
> blank.

It was implemented for gnucash 2.6.7. However I can confirm it doesn't seem to
work on gnucash 2.6.21 on Windows. It does for gnucash 3.8.

You can get extract the same information via the Windows registry editor
(regedit.exe).

In that tool, you can navigate to
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GSettings\org\gnucash\history

And under that node you will find the names of all files in the most recently
used list in GnuCash. "file0" will be the one you had opened most recently,
"file1" the one you last opened just before "file0" and so on.

Regards,

Geert