[GNC] Difficulty in migrating Gnucash to second computer

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Sun Jan 12 06:26:21 EST 2020

On 2020-01-11 05:58, Geert Janssens wrote:
(regarding status-line display of the path to the current file)
> It was implemented for gnucash 2.6.7. However I can confirm it doesn't seem to
> work on gnucash 2.6.21 on Windows. It does for gnucash 3.8.
>
> You can get extract the same information via the Windows registry editor
> (regedit.exe).
>
> In that tool, you can navigate to
> Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GSettings\org\gnucash\history
>
> And under that node you will find the names of all files in the most recently
> used list in GnuCash. "file0" will be the one you had opened most recently,
> "file1" the one you last opened just before "file0" and so on.

Thanks for that. I recently reorganized my disk, so I've been living
with orphan entries in GC's list. Knowing where the file list lives in
the registry, I've removed all the orphan entries and renumbered the
remaining ones, and now my file list in the GC menu is cleaned up.

Stan Brown
Tompkins County, New York, USA
https://BrownMath.com
http://OakRoadSystems.com