[GNC] Difficulty in migrating Gnucash to second computer

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sun Jan 12 16:04:34 EST 2020

You're welcome.

Just for your information the bit about manipulating the list of last opened files is also in our faq
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_I_have_deleted_a_gnucash_file_from_my_computer._How_can_I_remove_that_file_from_the_File_menu.27s_short_list_.28MRU.29_as_well_.3F

Geert

Stan Brown <the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm> schreef op 12 januari 2020 12:26:21 CET:
>On 2020-01-11 05:58, Geert Janssens wrote:
>(regarding status-line display of the path to the current file)
>> It was implemented for gnucash 2.6.7. However I can confirm it
>doesn't seem to
>> work on gnucash 2.6.21 on Windows. It does for gnucash 3.8.
>>
>> You can get extract the same information via the Windows registry
>editor
>> (regedit.exe).
>>
>> In that tool, you can navigate to
>> Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GSettings\org\gnucash\history
>>
>> And under that node you will find the names of all files in the most
>recently
>> used list in GnuCash. "file0" will be the one you had opened most
>recently,
>> "file1" the one you last opened just before "file0" and so on.
>
>Thanks for that. I recently reorganized my disk, so I've been living
>with orphan entries in GC's list. Knowing where the file list lives in
>the registry, I've removed all the orphan entries and renumbered the
>remaining ones, and now my file list in the GC menu is cleaned up.
>
>--
>Regards,
>Stan Brown
>Tompkins County, New York, USA
>https://BrownMath.com
>http://OakRoadSystems.com

Sent from my smartphone. Please excuse my brevity.