[GNC] How to set up a pledge payment

David Klassen drklassen67 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 14:49:15 EST 2020

I was wondering if there were a way in gnucash to set up a pledge payment.
That is, let's say I have pledged to pay a charity, let's say $1300 this
year, nominally $25/wk.  But it is *not* an automatic recurring payment
(sometimes I miss a week, sometimes I prepay an extra week, etc.).  So what
I need is a way to do the manual entry on the payments but to have some
kind of accounting telling me how much I have left to pay against my annual
pledge.

My first thought was to create a liability account of the total amount and
pay that down, but it's not really the same as a loan... or is it in terms
of gnucash?

Thank you for any suggestions you can give me.

--
David R. Klassen