[GNC] How to set up a pledge payment

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Jan 13 15:13:29 EST 2020

You can create it as a liability account but just know that it isn’t a legal one. You’ll also want to make sure in any official reports you create, that you do not include it since it is just a pledge.

This will require extra splits in your transaction to reduce the amount promised. (as the real-world transaction will be between an asset and a gift expense) Since the simplest starting transaction would be between the liability and equity:opening balances, I’d just keep using those two each time reversed for the amount actually donated.

As for the mechanics, you can do the transactions manually which will more than likely be autofilled or you can use the Duplicate Transaction feature as needed.

You could also create a scheduled transaction, but set it to not create automatically, and check the box to review the transaction when you see it fires (or just use it as a reminder) You can then edit the result before it is committed to adjust date, amount, etc.

Regards,
Adrien