[GNC] Problem with colons in account names

gnucash.dgr9z at ncf.ca gnucash.dgr9z at ncf.ca
Wed Jan 15 17:13:02 EST 2020

Hi, all.

First, thanks for the continuing excellent work on Gnucash in the Dec. release. I know it is a lot of work for the team; it is not thankless work.

I recently set up some stock stocks in the Security editor and created corresponding asset accounts as described in the documentation. The symbols I was given had colons in them, in the form symbol:currency, such as ABCD:USD, so I added these as the symbol and display symbol in the security editor.

When I next started Gnucash I was warned that I had account names with colons, which is not true, I had securities linked to the accounts, and they had the symbols I just described. Regardless, I edited each of the securities to remove the trailing :USD parts, but I still see the warnings on starting up.

Any suggestions for the correct fix are appreciated.

Ron