[GNC] Problem with colons in account names

Greg Feneis mfeneis at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 12:03:51 EST 2020

I think having colons in names of things interferes with GnuCash's
auto-fill/lookup scheme when filling certain fields in a transaction.  The
colon is a special character that accepts an autofill suggestion and lists
a sub selection list based on what the user types.  EG, account name colon
sub account name, and so on. Perhaps the same name suggestion/lookup
function is used for security names, so it triggers an error about account
names that should now be more generalized?

However, I don't know why you still get the error message if you've edited
all colons out.

Kind regards, Greg Feneis
(Pixel 3)