[GNC] Minimum window width

Tim Kallmer tkallmer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 18:27:26 EST 2020

Using 3.6 on Ubuntu 19.04. Is there some setting that sets the minimum
width the Gnucash window uses? I like to snap GC on one half of the screen
and have a browser with my bank website on the other half while I am
recording transactions. This works fine on my desktop with 1920x1080
resolution. But on my laptop with with 1600x900, snapping doesn't work and
I can only shrink the width to what seems like 860 pixels, over one-half of
the screen, so it doesn't fit nicely, and I cannot see my full transactions
and GC simultaneously. And it takes a bit of mouse work to adjust the
window edges to tile them, then scroll the browser back and forth with the
bottom slide bar. Zooming the browser out to fit makes the text small and
difficult to read. I've been living with it, but thought I'd ask if there
is a simple solution.