[GNC] Scripted price editing and adding

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Jan 17 21:52:49 EST 2020

If I recall, the general advice is you can read, but don’t write.

GnuCash is not yet a true database app. (that is a long term goal) Until then, writing could be potentially very destructive.

There are some projects out there designed specifically to query an sqlite backend of GnuCash for custom reporting. (PieCash comes to mind) I’m not sure about MySQL or XML.

GnuCash has Python bindings so you could roll your own solution. But even then, I think they are query only.

Regards,
Adrien