[GNC] Minimum window width

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 04:33:51 EST 2020

On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 at 04:14, Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell at gmail.com> wrote:

> The register window size may have improved with 3.7 or 3.8 but it still seems pretty big to me after upgrading from 2.6.19 to 3.7 a few months ago.

With 2.6.19 I was seeing a min width of about 1000px and this went up
to 1350px with 3.3.  Now with 3.6 I am seeing a min width of 980, so
back to about what it was on 2.6.  As noted in the bug report it did
vary with which accounts are open, I don't know whether that is still
the case.  It was which accounts were open that mattered, not which
had the focus.  I find it odd though that one cannot reduce the width
further and have scroll bars appear.  It is very unusual for an app to
exhibit that behaviour in its main windows (as opposed to popups).

Colin