[GNC] since Catalina, unable to open gnucash

David H hellvee at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 21:28:35 EST 2020

Good news both of them came thru :-)

Looks like Gnucash can't save files to the folder you previously saved to -
Catalina enforces some sort of permissions on folders these days.  Check
System Preferences >> Security & Privacy - click on the Privacy tab and
scroll down to "Files and Folders" and click on it - then in the right hand
panel scroll down and see if there's an entry for Gnucash.app - mine has a
couple of entries under it - "Network Volumes" and "Documents Folder" are
both there with a checkmark against them.  If you don't have these enabled
I don't think Gnucash is allowed to write to those locations.  If they
aren't there you'll probably havre to click the "+" below the panel to add
them.

The other option is probably to download and install 3.8 - when you first
start it it will probably prompt you for what folders to allow it access to
??

Cheers David H.