[GNC] Reporting in multiple currencies based on transaction dates

Adam Baker adamb924 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 00:19:06 EST 2020

I run an international business—with transactions in two currencies—and the
two governments to which I need to report require, not unreasonably, that I
report figures in their respective currencies.

One government at least wants the currency conversion to be performed for
each transaction, i.e., not just converting the balance sheet to the
exchange rate of the day of the report, but really calculating a separate
balance sheet for their currency.

So far I have not been able to figure this out in GnuCash. Because I know
SQLite I can pull the data out of the database, get the exchange rates, and
calculate my reports manually. But I wanted to check first whether this is
something that GnuCash can in fact do for me.

Thanks,
Adam