[GNC] Account Currency Screwed Up Again!

rsbrux rsbrux at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 04:24:29 EST 2020

Many years ago I set up in GC a bank account denominated in AUD to buy
and sell securities in that currency.  While reconciling my end-of-year
statements I only just noticed while attempting to enter a new price for
one of the securities that all transactions in that account (not just
securities, but also transactions with other accounts denominated in
AUD, such as the income account I use for recording interest paid in
AUD) are recorderd in CHF and are converted to CHF instead of AUD!!!
How could this happen? More important (since it is unlikely that the
cause can be reconstructed at this late date) how can I correct this
without having to manually recreate all transactions in the account
going back to 2013?

Based on previous experience with such problems, I will also have to
recreate the AUD-denominated securities (fortunately there are only two)
and their transactions in order to correct the erroneous currency (CHF)
attached to them.  Please say it ain't so!