[GNC] accounts setup (how to duplicate same payment in two expense accounts)

malam mala.malca at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 08:28:49 EST 2020

I have started using GC recently because I want to have a better control of
types my expenses.

In a particular case, I would like to assign a simple payment to two
different expense categories (both 100%, not splitting the payment).

For example:
During the vacation I spend 50$ on gasoline.
This goes from my cash account to car expenses. At the end of the year GC
shows total car expenses. This works as expected.

But at the same time I would like to have the data of total expenses for the
vacations.
In this category of expenses I need to enter this same amount and some other
expenses connected with vacations (museum tickets, accommodation ...)

How do I set up the accounts to have these additional expenses covered in GC
? I need the total at the end of the year.
I guess I need two new accounts, one in expenses, but how do I setup the
other ?

Thank you