[GNC] Custom invoices don't work after upgrade

lomax at clickworkorange.com lomax at clickworkorange.com
Thu Jul 2 12:04:37 EDT 2020

On Thu, 2020-07-02 at 17:37 +0200, Frank H. Ellenberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 02.07.20 um 17:01 schrieb
> lomax at clickworkorange.com
> :
> > On Thu, 2020-07-02 at 13:32 +0100,
> > lomax at clickworkorange.com
> >  wrote:
> > > My custom invoice template that I've used for many years stopped
> > > working after upgrading to 3.4 as part of a dist-upgrade. I had
> > > remove a few things such as
>
> :
>
> also 3.4 is several years old. If you prefer to stay on a
> distribution
> shipping such old program versin, you should consider to use
> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Flatpak
> .
>
> > I have compared this with the shipped reports (e.g. taxinvoice.scm)
> > and
> > it looks correct. So, a few hours killed, no progress. Any
> > suggestions?
>
> Yes, you should compare the shipped reports, but of a *recent*
> GnuCash
> version 3.11 or 4.0. ISTR they got several improvements in between.
>
> Regards
> Frank

Thanks Frank, but I really just need to get my invoice generated and
sent out. I have no problem staying with the distro version, even if
it's old, as long as my template works. It has bank details, address etc as well as a few other bells & whistles such as my logo and tax reg. info - all of which are important and tedious to replicate in e.g. LibreOffice Writer. In fact in desperation I tried to build an earlier version of GnuCash just to be able to do this, but found that my distro ships goffice 0.10.10 while GnuCash 2.6.19 would only build with goffice >= 0.7.0 and < 0.9.0. Can't be bothered to dig deeper so I'm just going to get drunk instead.