[GNC] GnuCash list

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Jul 7 12:11:12 EDT 2020

I followed the Gmane rabbit hole a bit.

It seems whomever is the admin is setting up a new server @ news.gmane.io

They claim they were going to have it up by January, but still no go best I can tell.

However, it is an NNTP server - a.k.a. Usenet newsgroups.

Many ISPs have dropped support for NNTP entirely. I know I can’t get it anymore from any local ISP. So it might be up, but I just can’t access it even to see that it is up.

I’m not sure if it will still somehow interact with mailman or if it is entirely separate.

Therefore, I won’t remove the reference, but if someone else thinks it best to do so, I certainly won’t complain.

Regards,
Adrien