[GNC] OFX setup

Fleur Dragan fleur at obscure.org
Thu Jul 9 20:27:20 EDT 2020

John,

>> On Jul 7, 2020, at 1:34 PM, Fleur Dragan <fleur at obscure.org> wrote:
>>
>> /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash --debug --extra --logto ./gnucash.trace 2>&1 | tee gnc.out
>>

> it's --logto=./gnucash.trace. I tried without the '=' and couldn't find the log either.

That's odd.  The gnucash.trace file was in the directory I ran the command from, it was just empty, so I didn't bother attaching it.  I've gone through the same process again, this time with a different financial institution, with the same results.

I cannot get anything to show up in the gnucash.trace file.  I've tried leaving it the default, "--logto=./gnucash.trace", "--logto=gnucash.trace", "--logto=/Users/fleur/gnucash.trace".  The file is created in each case, but it's always empty.

> Yes, the accounts *should* be autocreated. I think I said that before. They were for me when I tested it with USAA a couple of months ago, but several people have reported recently that they weren't with other banks. Perhaps AQBanking 6.2.0 changed something and that's now broken for OFX.

It happened with 6.1.4 + 3.10 also.  Exactly the same symptoms.  If I understood correctly, 6.1.4 was the first one that wasn't broken for OFX in awhile.

> That said, the log you sent seems to show the accounts being created in ~/.aqbanking/settings6 as one would expect so perhaps there's an issue with AQBanking reading what it wrote.

Remember I get a dialog box saying "Unable to update account spec."  I understand a corresponding event doesn't show up in the log, but I wouldn't assume they are being created correctly.  I don't know what it's supposed to look like in there, but it seems odd there is a ~/.aqbanking/settings, a ~/.aqbanking/settings6 and even a ~/.aqbanking/settings6/aqbanking.  I do `rm -rf ~/.aqbanking` before each attempt.

So what's the next step?  Should I file a gnucash bug?  I suspect if I were to file an aqbanking bug they would scoff and tell me to file a gnucash bug since gnucash is the invoker.  Gnucash is the invoker, right?

> Both the OFX log and the gwenhywfar debug output appear to end at retrieving the accounts, there doesn't seem to be anything at all about the server internal error in either. Was that from a different session?

The internal server error shows up in a log window, not a log file.  When I try to get transactions via the menu item Online Actions > Get Transactions... A window titled "Online Banking Connection Window" comes up and the -104 error is in the "Messages" section of that window.

Thanks for your help.

fleur
Fleur Dragan / fleur at obscure.org