[GNC] Multi Line Notes

Matt Miller matt.miller at fastmail.com
Fri Jul 10 17:54:36 EDT 2020

After years of using gnucash-android as the authoritative copy of my books, I've now moved exclusively to the PC version, due to the lack of reconciling and budgeting in the Android version. One differencd is in the Notes field. In gnucash-android that field is presented as a multiline text field, and I often entered long notes formatted with newlines. In the PC version I can see this field by enabling double line mode in the register, but nothing after the first newline character displays until I give focus to that field. At that point I can then see the entire note, but the newlines are not properly displayed, either in the register or the reports.

Is there a way to recover the multiline entry and display mode for these notes?

--

 Matt Miller
 mailto:matt.miller at fastmail.com