[GNC] AqBanking OFX DirectConnect issues

jean laroche ripngo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 11:46:31 EDT 2020

Thanks for mentioning that. I have completely given up on aqbanking
within GC, I struggled mightily to make it work and failed, and decided
to go the ofx way.
I personally use ofxclient, there's also ofxget.
But sadly recently my bank (Patelco) stopped their ofx server, there was
a long discussion on this mail group about that.
I started using plaid, which is an api/service that collects
transactions/balances etc from all your banks and makes them available
to you. Not everybody is comfortable with that though.
Then I resorted to writing my own screen scraping python code to log
into my bank, and download the ofx files automatically. I used python
and selenium and selenium ide (an extension for Chrome and Firefox).
Definitely not ideal, but it works...
Jean.