[GNC] print the check register

pyz01 at cox.net pyz01 at cox.net
Sat Jul 11 23:33:39 EDT 2020

Chris -- one more thing.  If you look at the transaction report - you will
notice that while if gives you all the detailed transactions, the thing that
is missing is the running balance.  Logically, that makes sense, since, the
report cannot know what the starting balance is for the time period you are
generating the report from.  So if you are so inclined -- the easiest way to
get that is to:

Run the report as I said; Copy and paste all the columns of information into
an excel sheet (or spreadsheet of your liking); Find what the beginning
balance was for the period you want to show the register for; Place that
balance one row above and one column beyond the information; Now add the
formula to the cell immediately below - (beginning balance + deposit cell -
withdrawal cell)- Make sure the new cell has the right balance; Copy that
all the way down the sheet till the end - and whala!  Check register with
running balance.

Best part -- you can pretty it up and you have a nice check register report!

Ken