[GNC] From A - Z, how do we bill an expense to a customer for a job?

Jon Griffith jon at jongriffith.com
Fri Jul 17 23:26:50 EDT 2020

In this process, I've quickly learned that you cannot delete invoices.
**facepalm**

In quickbooks, as I enter an expense in the register, I can mark it as
billable and select the customer to be billed.  It appears that I can do
this in GNU as well, but not in the register...rather, in the vendor's bill.

In Quickbooks, when I look at a Customer, I see a list of unbilled expenses
for that customer based upon the expenses that were marked billable.  I
simply add them to a customer invoice and send the invoice.

In Quickbooks, there is no "posting" but likewise, you can delete whatever
you want whenever, which is bad for auditing.  So, I'm a bit lost on how to
document expenses related to a customer so I don't lose track of the job
cost.

What is the equivalent process in GNUC?

--
[image: photo]