[GNC] Regarding Unposting Paid Invoices

Jon Griffith jon at jongriffith.com
Mon Jul 20 15:43:34 EDT 2020

As this is a known issue, I'm wondering about the process.

I had to unpost some bills to re-categorize some of the transactions and I
had forgotten that the bills were already paid.  As a result, now they're
unpaid, but there are pre-payments recorded.

Question:

1.  Are those prepayments accounted for anywhere in the chart of accounts?
Like a Vendor Deposits account?  I noticed that the A/P still reflects
zero, and that these payments need to be manually removed.

2.  If I use the Process Payment feature in the Business area, what happens
if I select ALL of the matching pre-payments --> bills in one go?  Should I
do them one at a time?

--
[image: photo]
*Jon Griffith*