[GNC] Regarding Unposting Paid Invoices

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Jul 20 16:51:35 EDT 2020

GnuCash tries to re-apply the payments if it can.

If you unpost too much at once before re-posting, you might have to
re-apply them manually.

Simply go to the payment entry in your source account (not AR/AP) and
right click the transaction, then choose 'Edit/Apply payment'. (wording
will depend on the 'state' of the payment) In the Process Payment
dialog, select the bill/invoice and the appropriate prepayments *only*
for that invoice/bill as they were originally posted.

Repeat for each bill/invoice/payment as needed.

Don't try to do them in one go, or GnuCash may apply them in odd ways
rather than what happened in the real world and you'll regret it later
when you are trying to research something or solve a problem. (but that
presumably *would* mark them all paid again, just not link the correct
payments to the correct bills/invoices.)

Regards,
Adrien