[GNC] 1) list unpaid vendor bills only 2) delete vendor to delete all bills?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Jul 23 09:32:12 EDT 2020

Please remember to copy the list on all replies.

----

I would probably find some other means to keep track of Due Bills than
make such a move.

If you really want to proceed with this, I'd create 'Other Accounts
Payable' or something similarly named and make it a child of AP. (but of
'type' Liability)

Regardless where you put them, I would not unpost and delete.

'Pay' the bills with the new Liability account. (you can even do this
with a single 'payment')

This retains the original bill information, posting and due dates, etc.

It transfers the amount to a different account as desired.

It clears the bills from the Due Reminder.

It doesn't delete anything (which can cause problems on the other
side(s) of every transaction) preserving the original transactions as
they occurred, thus is more 'proper' for accounting.

Regards,
Adrien