[GNC] Accounting for Non-profits

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Jul 24 10:34:57 EDT 2020

Those lists of accounts are simply suggested starting points.

You can start with no accounts if you like.

Once the file is created you can create whatever accounts you need.

And you don't have to have every account created up front. You can add
accounts as you find that you need them, and change/move others as you
learn more or find a different arrangement will work better or more
properly adhere to accounting standards.

If your organization uses a CPA, ask them for a chart of accounts and go
from there. Otherwise, start with 'basic' and then add what you already
think you'll need.

The important step is to get started entering transactions.

Regards,
Adrien