[GNC] BotanyBayGardens nonprofit example, and why GnuCash does not suffice

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Sun Jul 26 18:07:42 EDT 2020

On 7/26/20 2:40 PM, Michael or Penny Novack wrote:

>> Hmm.  Better migrate to a credit union then.  Mine will send checks to
>> an address and they will even put the stamp on the envelope.  There is
>> an option to send to a phone number or email address.
>

> Lovely. If you directed a check to my phone number it's inaccessible.
> Do you KNOW that phone number is to a "smart-phone"or similar device,
> not a "flip phone", or in my case a "land line" << you can't call HERE
> to a cell phone, no cell service -- I do know several spots within a
> mile where from some spot on a hilltop can get a connection to call
> out >> In other words, more information for you to store.
>
> Email address -- yes that works if the recipient has an adequate
> printer and their bank will accept such checks << yes they are legal,
> but my bank has great difficulty scanning them in. Just had to go
> through that nonsense. >>
>
> Having the bank mail a check? When I mail a check, there is always
> going to be supporting documentation in the envelope along with it.
> Are you receiving checks with no indication what for? What do you do
> then?
>

> Michael D Novack

Doesn't matter.  All POP or Zelle needs is that at some point you
responded and directed them to send the funds to your account.  I don't
know most of the routing numbers/accounts of folks to whom electronic
funds are sent.  But the recipient at some point tied their phone number
(land line, cell phone, satellite) to their account.  At that point they
don't need to respond any further.  Though they may get a notice that
the transaction happened.

Now, if I don't have that but I do know your address, well, as I said,
my CU will slap a stamp on the envelope and mail that check out to them
at no cost to me.

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com