[GNC] BotanyBayGardens nonprofit example, and why GnuCash does not suffice

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Mon Jul 27 12:13:39 EDT 2020

On 7/27/20 2:07 AM, Liz Dodd wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 17:40:19 -0400
> Michael or Penny Novack <stepbystepfarm at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Having the bank mail a check? When I mail a check, there is always
>> going to be supporting documentation in the envelope along with it.
>> Are you receiving checks with no indication what for? What do you do
>> then?
>>
> There's about 250 characters for that data available on Osko, the
> Aussie system.
> You mention real problems, but they are already solved in some places.
>
> https://osko.com.au/faqs
>
> Liz

I am able to send along an account ID or Invoice ID and then there is
the entire memo field on the check.  I also get an email from the CU (if
I request) stating that it has been sent.  I can forward that to the
recipient with additional notes.

Not convenient, but driving an hour to hand over coin is also very
inconvenient.

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com