[GNC] Import Transaction Matcher issue in v4

Fross, Michael michael at fross.org
Mon Jul 27 16:31:59 EDT 2020

Thanks Jean / John for your thoughts.  There is a register entry that
matches, IMHO, very closely.   I increased the Match Display Threshold from
1 to 3, and then to 6 (which appears to be the highest value allowed.)
Every transaction from the import says "Match Missing."

Digging around a bit, for the transaction in question, the QFX file
contains the FITID of 202007210003:

<STMTTRN>
<TRNTYPE>CREDIT
<DTPOSTED>20200721120000
<TRNAMT>54.00
<FITID>202007210003
<NAME>ACH Electronic Credit
<MEMO>Expenses
</STMTTRN>

My GNUCash file contains, for the same transaction has the online id being
202007210002
        <split:slots>
          <slot>
            <slot:key>online_id</slot:key>
            <slot:value type="string">202007210002</slot:value>
          </slot>

The online_ID is ...002 instead of ...003.  Changing the QFX file to match
the online_id value seemed to work.  Now my question is why would this be
different for *lots* of transactions.  Everything worked normally in v3,
but this would not have changed as part of the release.  I'll check a few
more problem transactions and see if I can detect a pattern.  Perhaps
Citibank is paying games....

Michael