[GNC] Import Transaction Matcher issue in v4

Jean Laroche ripngo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 16:50:34 EDT 2020

There's a misunderstanding here.
This is what GC does:
- It looks at the OFX transaction, which always has an FITID.
- IF GC sees this FITID in one of the register transactions, it skips
the OFX transaction, because it's already been imported (when a
transaction gets imported from the ofx, the online_id is copied into the
register transaction, that's how GC remembers it's already imported the
transaction).
- If the FITID is not found in the register, GC assumes that this is a
new transaction and attempts to match it with existing transactions in
your register. BUT:
    . It only looks at register transactions that have NO FITID (i.e.,
register transactions that you entered manually, typically)
    . Among those, it looks for transactions that match pretty closely
for the date and the amount.
    . It picks the one with the highest matching score, if that score is
above a user-adjustable threshold.

So in the case you outline below, if the register transaction has the
same FITID as your ofx transaction, the ofx transaction will NOT be
imported (it will be just skipped).

I think I don't quite understand the problem you're having. Is it that
you're importing OFX transaction and they're not matching register
transactions that you entered manually?
Or is it that they're being imported despite the fact they were imported
previously?

J.