[GNC] Shared Report Configurations

Matt Miller matt.miller at fastmail.com
Tue Jul 28 17:58:20 EDT 2020

> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations

Thanks.  I see that answers a lot of questions about file locations.

> currently using GnuCash on multiple devices?

Yes.  I store the main data file on encrypted cloud storage so I can open my books on multiple devices, though not at the same time!  I don't mind if I have to duplicate the effort of configuring preferences once in each installation, but customized report configs would ideally be available and editable on all devices.

> synch my prefs, reports and data files via Dropbox and
> FreeFileSync

Right.  I have used that tool in the past, and I had forgotten about it.  If I could redirect configs directly into a Dropbox-replicated directory then that would probably be preferable to installing another tool for the syncing.  But, I now have more info and can probably get something going that I'm happy with.

Thanks.