[GNC] Can't find file

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Thu Jul 30 11:06:04 EDT 2020

On 7/29/2020 8:04 AM, Dan Bilich wrote:
> Been using Gnucash for years. Tried to open today and got the message that it couldn’t find the file and it opened to a new, blank slate. What do I do to recover?

Do you know the name of your data file? If you don't know the name/path,
do you at least know the file extension (if it has one; most likely
.gnucash). Do you know how to use the "search for file" tool(s) of the
operating system you are using?

Once you know the name of the file, when gnucash opens with this new.
blank slate, use File => open, navigate to your data file (you know its
name/path now) and select it. NOW after you have closed down gnucash, it
will be at the top of the "most recently opened list" and you next time
should open with it.

Michael D Novack