[GNC] Unable to set start and end date in Income Statement report

Chris Good goodchris96 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 21:19:18 EDT 2020

Message: 11
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 16:47:06 -0700
From: John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us>
To: stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Cc: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
Subject: Re: [GNC] Unable to set start and end date in Income
	Statement report

<stepbystepfarm at comcast.net> wrote:

>> Yes, I have already tried that. Clicking the dot in the middle does
nothing.

> Try again (you are going to  laugh at yourself when you get this)
>
> SOMETIMES this sort of "button" is what is known as "radio", two states,
on or off, and you click on it to switch between state.

> BUT also sometimes there are paired buttons, one of which must be on
> while the other is off. That is the case here. You get to change which
> one is "on" by clicking whichever is "off" << that turns it on and its
> partner off >>

You got it backwards. A radio button [1] is one of a group of buttons
exactly one of which must be selected. A toggle button is called a checkbox
[2]. I used w3schools.com references because they have nice demo code built
in; the actual controls used in GnuCash are GtkRadioButton [3] and
GtkCheckButton [4].

Regards,
John Ralls

[1] https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_input_type_radio.asp
[2] https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_input_type_checkbox.asp
[3] https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkRadioButton.html
[4] https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkCheckButton.html

Hi,

I don't know what version you are using but I seem to remember there was a
recent bug that this sounds like.
You might like to try upgrading to a more recent version.

Regards, Chris Good