[GNC] importing multiple CSVs to Gnucash

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Tue Jun 2 17:21:12 EDT 2020

Gio,

The Gnucash import matching procedure searches for duplicate transactions in a time window around the date of the
imported recorded set at +-42 days. A match score is then calculated based on the differenes in dates and amounts and
the matching of tokenized data. It is generally very good at picking up duplicates but will sometimes match repular
repeated payments. An imported transition which matches an existing one will have the "C"  ("R" in older GnuCash
versoions) checkbox checked if the match is very good  but may have the "U+C"  ("U+R" in older GnuCash versions)
chceckbox checked if it is not a very close match ( usually if descriptions and memo fields are different. It will pay
to check all matches are actually valid. You can swap between viewing the register(s) and the import matcher window.
The Help manual section on importing will help you with understanding the significance of the background colours to the
rowsand the meaning of the checkboxes in the importer.
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v3/C/gnucash-help/trans-import.html#:~:text=Navigate%20to%20the%20MT940%2C%20MT942,the%20transactions%20in%20the%20file
.

Even though you are specifying the transfer accounts the importer will ask to to map the account name in the trnsfer
field to an internal GnuCash account each time it encounters an account name for the first time in the import data.

David Cousens

--
Dr David R Cousens
B.Sc, M.Prof. Acc., Ph.D., G.C.Ed