[GNC] Can Finance::Quote look up bond prices by CUSIP?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jun 8 17:35:44 EDT 2020

It's actually not an "issue" with either. Like GnuCash, Finance::Quote is a Free, all-volunteer project and the fact that it doesn't meet your personal needs is your problem and nobody else's.

After searching for a bit the only site I found that offers free bond lookup by cusp at all is the empirasign.com that you found. The only other free site for bond prices at all was https://finra-markets.morningstar.com/BondCenter/, but while it claims to search by cusip it wasn't able to find yours. I did eventually find that by searching for Ford, sorting the results by maturity, and binary-searching until I found it. They give F4955773 as the symbol, FWIW.

Your best option seems to be to write a F::Q scraper module for empirasign.com.

Regards,
John Ralls