[GNC] Default View: Tip

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 00:59:50 EDT 2020

Since I use the notes field in almost every transaction, I cannot imagine a
reason not to use it.  I suppose one way to state it would be payee goes in
the description and why or how goes in the notes.  Since it is arbitrary
text, use your imagination.  When users import transactions from financial
institutions they have an opportunity to include supporting text in the
notes field.  That text is used by the transaction matcher to assign
potential matches with greater precision.

David Carlson

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 11:29 PM Stan Brown <the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm>
wrote:

> Can I suggest some indication of why one might want to use the Notes
> field? Until this thread I didn't even know it existed. (And I'm still
> on 2.6.19 also. I figure I'll upgrade directly to 4.0.)
>
> --
> Regards,
> Stan Brown
> Tehachapi, CA, USA
> https://BrownMath.com
> https://OakRoadSystems.com
>
> On 2020-06-10 21:05, David Carlson wrote:
> > Here is my suggestion.  If someone wants to improve the syntax, go ahead.
> >
> > To change the register view to show the Notes field in each transaction
> > select 'View' in the menu bar and check 'Double Line'.
> >

> > David CArlson
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 10:16 PM David Carlson <
> david.carlson.417 at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Is there a way to review the current tips database?  I should warn you
> >> that I  am still using release 2.6.19.
> >>
> >> David Carlson

> other

David Carlson