[GNC] Default View: Tip

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 01:18:36 EDT 2020

The full list of free-text fields available to use are:

per-Transaction: Num, Description
per-Split: Action, Memo

The book property 'Use Split Action Field For Number' will internally swap
Num & Action IIUC.

The main purpose was originally likely to mimic Quicken behaviour. Quicken
(DOS) is available to explore at https://archive.org/details/msdos_Quicken_7

The secondary purpose is to have enough text fields to store data from OFX
imports. See OFX 1.6 spec at https://www.ofx.net/downloads.html - OFX1.6
has <CHECKNUM> <NAME> <MEMO> etc.