[GNC] Default View: Menu entry and tooltip

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Jun 12 13:36:30 EDT 2020

Fred,

Thank you very much for that detailed explanation.

Not sure if this is an issue with 3.x or MacOS, or both.

I’m not seeing the menu tooltips at all.

The reason I inquired about making none of the transaction cells ‘active’ is because like you, when I open a register, the date field of a new blank transaction is automatically selected. The Statusbar tip text shows the date written out. If I change to the Description field, it now says “Enter a description of the transaction” and so on depending on the cell selected. That help text for the selected cell, never changes to reflect the help text for whatever menu entry I’m hovering on.

I’ll file a bug.

Regards,
Adrien