[GNC] Default View: Menu entry and tooltip

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 14:07:28 EDT 2020

Am 11.06.20 um 19:19 schrieb Adrien Monteleone:
> I’m not seeing any tooltip for Double Line mode. I don’t see them for any menu entries, just for buttons on the toolbar.

OK, it is no real tooltip, it is displayed in the status bar.
>From https://code.gnucash.org/docs/C/gnucash-help/windows.html#Main-window:
Statusbar
    Gives a description of the active menu item and shows a progress bar

> But I suggest to change the menu entry. I think of tool tips as extra info that is difficult to convey in one or three words that are in a GUI element. But if the words can be changed to be more descriptive, I’d think that the better approach.

For now I have changed the description to:
Show a second line with "Action", "Notes", and "File Association" for
each transaction.

I think ’Show Notes’ does not cover the other fields.
Frank

> Regards,
> Adrien
>
>> On Jun 11, 2020 w24d163, at 2:07 AM, Frank H. Ellenberger <frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> That would affect the GUI.
>> Only in the tooltip or also in the menu entry?
>>
>> Frank
>>
>> Am 11.06.20 um 08:48 schrieb Adrien Monteleone:
>>> Perhaps changing ’Double Line’ in the menu to ’Show Notes’ would make it more discoverable and the entry more informative.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Adrien