[GNC] file storage location

D. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 15 11:32:13 EDT 2020

1. File->Save As --- save into your new location. Exit Gnucash.
2. From your favorite file manager, move all remaining gnucash files into the new location. Note that the base data file will already be there, since you saved it there in step 1, so you don't need that.

You could of course do it all from your file manager, but gnucash would bark about the missing data file the next startup. This is remedied simply by ignoring the error and then opening the file from its new location, but thre first method avoids the error altogether.