[GNC] Trouble opening ancient files

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Jun 16 14:03:08 EDT 2020

I’d suspect if you walked a bit more slowly through the versions, you wouldn’t get that message, but I can’t say that with certainty. Maybe the Tracefile has more info. (see the wiki about finding the Tracefile on your system)

So you might have to step back from the original copy through the 2.x series.

Back then, each ‘x’ was a fairly major release. 2.0 --> 2.2 is more analogous to 2.x --> 3.x than to 3.0 --> 3.1 (The devs moved from a major.minor.bugfix number scheme to an major.minor_and_bugfix scheme

If you don’t go through the steps in order as recommended, you might not get certain file conversions along the way. You might be able to skip *some* ‘bugfix’ releases, but you might still have to step through each ‘minor’ release.

Regards,
Adrien