[GNC] New version does not retain resized columns

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Jun 22 05:36:27 EDT 2020

Op maandag 22 juni 2020 10:51:46 CEST schreef Tony Vanson:
> Hi all,
> Just installed GnuCash 3.906 on Windows 10 and find that it doesn't retain
> the accounts column widths. I set the widths by double clicking each
> column's header and then pulling the left most Transfer column limiter to
> the left and let it snap back. This it has the desired effect of resizing
> the columns so that all digits appear but when I close and open the account
> it has reverted back to the old widths.
> Any clues please?

Column width handling in gnucash 3.9x has been completely redesigned. You can no
longer save column widths for individual registers (unless you keep that register open
permanently). Instead you can set default column widths per register class. You do so
by first setting the column widths as you prefer and then use the Window menu to save
the default column widths.

Regards,

Geert