[GNC] Gnucash 4.0 doesn't launch on MacOS X 10.15.4

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jun 29 13:14:33 EDT 2020

That's unfortunately a pretty common user experience on Mac. I haven't been able to figure out where is the disconnect between Launch Services and GnuCash after Gatekeeper verification is complete. Gatekeeper also fails to remove the com.apple.quarantine xattr from the app bundle and that caused a complete failure for one user last week, though it doesn't seem to affect most users.

Regards,
John Ralls